Wednesday, November 11, 2009

We are adults!

Had dinner at Banyan tree last night with Jun Shi, Ginny and Emmerie to celebrate Jun Shi's 23rd birthday.
A bunch of giggly, happy girls.
And we talk as girls do.

Ginny's moving into a house and getting a dog!
Emmerie is making big decisions in life about where to spend the rest of her life.
Jun Shi and I applying for and moving into a house.

And it dawned on me. That we have become adults.
In many ways, I feel exactly the same as the day I arrived in Australia.
But in so many other ways, I feel I have grown up. I have changed.
I have become extremely practical. And a little bit more cynical. And a lot more colder.
My life seems to be really busy. Yet, I do a lot less.
I worry a lot more. And I pray a lot less.
I talk a lot more. Yet I think a lot less.

Instead;
I wish I were idealistic and warmer and less cynical.
I wish I spoke less and listened more.
I wished I lived a life where Christ is glorified everyday.
Where I would not be ashamed of speaking up when things are not right. Where I would not be quiet and defenseless. Where I would have humility and love like Christ did.

I've gone completely off tangent.

What I meant to say is that, I bought my air ticket home with my own credit card and my own hard earned money and I am an ADULT!!!!!

1 comment:

domo said...

wooo!!!

Gota love the few benefits of growing up like money, credit cards and choosing your own home!