Because Wintercon 2 (WC2) definitely deserves two days.

Picture source here
The messages were amazing. The Bible explained in absolute clarity.
Over the past year, I have been struggling with certain things I hear in church. I did things out of obligation. I served in church and went for Bible study because it was simply the 'good thing' to do.
Relationships were too tiring, other people were selfish, the sermon focused too much on things that were unhelpful were some of the complaints floating around my head.
What I didn't think was that my attitude and motives absolutely stank. The Holy Spirit definitely convicted me of it this weekend.
We learnt about relationships. How we were created to be relational like God is in the Trinity. How relationship and sacrificial love is integral to reality and how the purpose of relationship is to ultimately be for God's glory.
We learnt about what the perfect relationship looks like in the Trinity.
And we saw how sin tainted relationships so that what we have in the world is a warped, twisted and damaged version of what could have been perfect. Sin distorts our capacity to take delight in what is good and right, instead we are deceived into wanting all wrong things.
And oh the glorious news is yet to come. The wonderful, wonderful event on the cross. The deflection of God's anger (propitiation), the changed verdict from guilty to innocent (justification) and the fixing of our relationship with God (reconciliation), all done when Jesus died on the cross and raised from the dead.
And only through that perfect submission and obedience, sins were justly punished and we could become right with God (Roman 5).
Relationships are once agian restored.
Not perfect yet. But we see and are consciously aware for the need to be other people centred and to glorify God just like Jesus did.
And,Day 5/6 I am thankful for WC2, but more so that I am able to be reconciled to Him, through a selfless Saviour.
No comments:
Post a Comment