Friday, December 7, 2007

Just chanced upon the story of Amy Richards.

Selective reduction. That's what she did.
She refused to be on the pill and consequently got pregnant.
Which would have be fine except that she found out she had triplets.
And then, very calmly, chose to kill two out of three of the fetuses.

This story is so twisted it makes me sick.
Three heart beats becoming one. For the convenience of one irresponsible woman and her partner.
And she labels herself as 'feminist' and pro choice.

Human beings are sick.

When is abortion alright?
And why is it when someone does something as cold-blooded as murder ( i think selective reduction is just a more fancy name), they are labeled as pro choice.
Pro choice my foot.
I think the manner in which she talked about the abortion just turned me off.

My immediate response was, I cannot have triplets. I was not married; I lived in a five-story walk-up in the East Village; I worked freelance; and I would have to go on bed rest in March. I lecture at colleges, and my biggest months are March and April. I would have to give up my main income for the rest of the year. There was a part of me that was sure I could work around that. But it was a matter of, Do I want to?


My opinion : Simply a coward who doesn't dare to take responsibility for the consequences of her mistakes.

3 comments:

EcCentr|c (Emmerie W) said...

'pro choice my foot'. never thought i'd ever hear that coming from you. hahah. tht really caught me off guard.

i'm seeing this other 'ganas' side of serene. hrm interesting... ;)

Sue Lin said...

Hey, i wanna read the story... is it a book or an article???

Serene said...

emmerie..you might see more of it next year roomie...=)

sue lin - it's a newspaper article.. can google it to check it out..