Of my favourite this week is Hachiko, A Dog's Story.
*Highlight to see spoilers in white font*

An adaptation of a true story, Hachiko ( or Hachi) is the name of a dog who faithfully accompanies his master, Parker (played by Richard Gere) to the train station and awaits his return from work daily. After the sudden death of his beloved master, Hachiko continues to wait for his masters return at the train station.
With no Hollywood-ala-Avatar style effects, graphic sex scenes and violence, this movie relies on its simple but heartmoving story line, beautiful scores and the adorable Hachiko to capture your attention.
And capture my attention it did.
From the beginning of the movie, you can't help but fall in love with adorable Hachiko.
And you can't help but envy the relationship Hachiko has with Parker.
This movie gives you the time to meet each of the characters in the movie.
Beautifully filmed, I felt like I was going on a walk with Parker and Hachiko to the train station each day.
Walking by the butcher on the corner of the street.
Stopping by to buy coffee from Jess, the coffee man ( 2 creamers and 1 sugar).
Saying hi to Carl at the train station.
Although Hachiko absolutely steals the limelight here, Richard Gere and Joan Allen were brilliant in their portrayal of the very ordinary, very much in love Parker and Cate Wilson.
The pace of the movie is slow, but stay with the story line and I guarantee you will enjoy the movie.
And also prepare to find yourself tearing ( I bawled my eyes out).
A beautiful story of faith, devotion and love between a dog and his master, I give this movie an A.
PS: I saw the statue of Hachiko in the Shibuya train station when I was in Japan. If I'd only known then, I would have taken a picture with it!
No comments:
Post a Comment