Wednesday, September 8, 2010

DAY 11 DEATH DO US NO PART

My grandfather passed away about one month ago.

Although I was not extremely close to him, I loved him very much.

Death just makes you think hard about the futility of life. The idea of never being able to see someone you love ever again, is extremely painful.

Separation is any form is difficult. Whether by death or distance, the idea of someone close being far is always unbearable.

Today day 11, I thank God that there is no eternal separation for those who believe in Christ.

50I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory."g]">[g] 55"Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?"h]">[h] 56The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Cor 15:50-57

and we look forward to seeing those separated from us in a perfect heaven.

1Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

5He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." Revelation 21:1-5






1 comment: