It's been a while, I know.
I really want to go back there.
Japan was my first ever long distance trip without a tourist guide and my mom. (Australia doesn't count!)
Here's my version of how to enjoy Japan in pictures.
1. Pack Light
2. Take pictures on the plane.
3. Try the apparently fabulous crepes in Harajuku
4. Skip Disney Sea
5. Ignore advice number 4 and buy some Disney souvenirs even though you think they are a waste of money.
The perpetually colourful Disney.
Ruth with a million smiles. The picture of Mickey is made up pictures of people smiling. You might see them if if you look closely.
6. Visit the Kinomoto church that I've been sporadically praying for (usually when I get a newsletter).
Joyce snapped this while we were leafleting.
No cars at all on the road in Kin0moto.
My host family in Kinomoto. I had persimmon a day. That was when I learnt to eat persimmon.
7. Buy a million souvenirs from Daiso
8. Eat sushi everyday! And from the Tsukiji fish market.
9. See Tokyo by night
Take more lame pictures of Tokyo by night.
This reminds me of Orchard Road one Christmas actually.
10. Sleep on tatami mats
11. Spend hours waiting at the Shinjuku train station while Joyce is taking a million pictures.
From this
To this. Where is Dene?
12. Take the train
My favourite Australian family.
And take pictures of people taking picture of people on the train.
In fact, why stop at taking pictures on the train. Take pictures everywhere.
Toilets
Tokyo Tower
Random hole in wall
13. Wait in line to take picture in said toilets ( see above).
14. Use peace signs in all photos
More peace signs
And more
15. Have some awesome Mandarins!
Remember to share!
16. Eat onigiris from 7-11 for breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper, snacks.
17. Experience Japanese potluck.
18. Take pictures of things that remind you of Australia.
Street performers
19. Take pictures of things that don't remind you of Australia.
Yodabashi Umeda
Very busy Tokyo.
If you can't tell, that is, from right to left, Joyce, me, Ruth and Jono.
20. Go to church
The men in church singing.
21. Go to parks and the zoo
22. Meet up with ex-Newcastle-ites.
Us between giant legs.
23. Travel with awesome people who will read the Bible with you and laugh about everything.
I can't remember half of the things that cracked Ruth and I up, late at night while walking back to our accommodation. I know everything just seemed a million times funnier.
The team was so varied and everyone brought their strengths in; Jono- good natured, Joyce-really quick, Ruth- stable, Dene- the leader, Rachel- creative. Simeon and Elliot just added another angle to the team!
Now to end the post with a group picture.
Wait a minute, did we take a group picture??
3 comments:
waaa!! awesome reminisicing post!! *sigh*
We love this post! Natsukashii! We miss hanging out together- looking fwd to dinner on Saturday!
lets go back
Post a Comment