It's human nature.
When something happens, blame someone/something else.
When relationships fail, blame the other party, the situation, the institution, the environment.
Adam did it.
Eve did it.
It's never me, never my fault. The women made me do it. The snake made me do it.
I build walls, I build fences but yet I'm upset that noone tries to break down those walls.
I sin , I'm selfish and yet it's always the other person's fault for not looking past that.
I'm proud and arrogant and yet someone else is the one that's not good enough for me.
I cover up so that people don't see me and yet it's them who doesn't accept me for me.
It's way easier to blame people for MY flaws, my faults and my unwillingness to make an effort.
It always takes two hand to clap.
Maybe its an Asian thing to want to save face.
Save from being rejected before people actually reject you.
Protect yourself before people actually attack you.
Speculate how people will behave and react in the way that is most suitable.
That all screams
CONFORM.
Be like EVERYONE ELSE.
And then in the end...
when we find that we've lost ourselves..
and there's no one else to blame...
we blame God.
And I quote casting crowns again
Is there anyone that fails
Is there anyone that falls
Am I the only one in church today feelin' so small
Cause when I take a look around
Everybody seems so strong
I know they'll soon discover
That I don't belong
So I tuck it all away, like everything's okay
If I make them all believe it, maybe I'll believe it too
So with a painted grin, I play the part again
So everyone will see me the way that I see them
Are we happy plastic people
Under shiny plastic steeples
With walls around our weakness
And smiles to hide our pain
But if the invitation's open
To every heart that has been broken
Maybe then we close the curtain
On our stained glass masquerade
Is there anyone who's been there
Are there any hands to raise
Am I the only one who's traded
In the altar for a stage
The performance is convincing
And we know every line by heart
Only when no one is watching
Can we really fall apart
But would it set me free
If I dared to let you see
The truth behind the person
That you imagine me to be
Would your arms be open
Or would you walk away
Would the love of Jesus
Be enough to make you stay
No comments:
Post a Comment