Saturday, January 19, 2008

What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was tryin’ to do

Rascal Flatts

This is the saddest chorus ever.
Replaces Shannon Noll's Lonely in my books as the saddest break up song.

I know I'm a bit outdated when it comes to music.
What to do, graduated to mix fm.

I don't know why I'm up at 2.20am doing this.

Probably because I'm going back to good ol' Newcastle soon.
I always lose sleep when I'm about to face a change of condition.


Coming back home, the most popular question I'm asked these days is will you be coming back to Malaysia after you graduate.

I honestly don't know.
I don't plan on coming back to Malaysia anytime soon but I would like to think that Malaysia is still home.

Honestly, dealing with Malaysians and their nutritional status is frustrating.

It's not just about different foods and languages.
It's not even about the different beliefs of the different races ( ie : the chinese believe that food is divided into heaty foods and cold foods). I wonder how evidence based practice applies here.

It's about their attitudes towards food and nutrition.

They want quick fixes.
The mentality here is supplements and quick weight loss diets.
Malaysians (especially the young girls) are a skinny bunch but I don't think they're very healthy at all.
The BMI is definitely not useful as a health risk factor here.

Whatever happened to I want a healthy body.

I should just sell my soul and come up with an instant weight loss programme.
That way I'd be rich and not have to work. =p

Ah well.... thin does not equal beautiful.
That's something I struggle to believe in too.
Believe it, cos it's true.

No comments: